1 pound chicken breast cut into cubes
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
One large clove of garlic, minced
One medium onion, diced finely
2 1/2 cups of white long grain rice, rinsed
5 cups chicken stock or water
1/8 teaspoon , ground nutmeg.
4 cups broccoli florettes cut into bite-size pieces.
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
1. Sauté onions with butter and extra virgin olive oil, over medium heat, in a medium pot.
2. Add in garlic and stir well.
3. Add chicken in and stir occasionally while letting it cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Before the chicken is fully cooked add the stock, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
5. Stir wow and crack the lid while it cooks for about 10-15 Minutes.
6. Once the rice is nearly fully cooked, add in the broccoli, cream, and half of the cheese stairwell. Taste it because this is the point that you want to add any more salt and pepper if need be.
7. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole, cover, and turn the heat down to low. The steam will help melt the cheese on top and ensure that the broccoli cooks without overcooking the rice.
If you like your vegetable softer, add the remaining ingredients in at 10 minutes after rice cooks.