Attention foodies! There IS a way to spruce up an average dessert. In my opinion however, chocolate covered anything is NEVER average. This fiasco began with the impulse purchase of a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. After a few taps of the bag and a toss of the hand, my sweet tooth was satisfied. So now what? What to do with a practically full bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips? Raid the fridge for some fruit and start dipping!
If you’re trying to get your loved ones to eat more fruit, this is a fool-proof method. I promise that my recipe is a fun, easy and positively delicious sweet fix for your sweet tooth!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
-1- 11.5oz bag (or if you’re like me, minus half a palm-full) semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1/4 cup Coffee House Hazelnut Breve Cream coffee creamer
-1/2 tbs butter
-1/2 cup water
-1 box strawberries
-1 sliced apple
–You can use any type of fruit for the recipe
1. Place the chocolate chips into a glass bowl and place the glass bowl in a small pot filled with water
–Ensure the pot is smaller than the bowl so the bowl can rest on the rim of the pot
Tip: Heat the water at low heat so it doesn’t overflow
2. Continue stirring the chocolate chips so they melt evenly
3. Keeping the bowl over the pot, begin dipping the fruit into the chocolate and place it on the wax paper
Tip: Once you dip the fruit, twist it in a circular motion in the air to keep it from dripping with chocolate
4.Turn the stove off under the chocolate
5. Heat the coffee creamer in a small glass bowl in the microwave for about thirty seconds
6. Turn the stove back on to low heat and quickly stir in the creamer and butter with a fork
7. Once the chocolate is liquefied into a ganache, drizzle it over the dipped fruit
7. Place the fruit into a refrigerator for at least a half hour
You can leave it in the refrigerator as long as necessary
8. Serve cold and enjoy!