I made this recently at a weekend outing and I must say, I was pleased with the “please and thank you’s” revolving around this potato salad! It is such a refreshing/fresh salad that doesn’t leave you feeling guilty when you ask for more. With nothing but fresh ingredients tossed in, you’ll be asking for more…and if you don’t, you must have eaten quite the serving!
So, sit back, read up, and get ready to celebrate your Independence day with a potato salad that is independent from mayo and other artificial flavorings! This potato salad is by far fun, easy and positively delicious! (Were you expecting anything different?)
Make sure to make this when you have a larger group of people around your hospitable dining table, it feeds plenty!
P.S. I apologize for the lack of pictures with the post, a wonderful woman requested I post it ASAP so once I make it again, I’ll snap the pics and post away!
1 – 5lb bag red potatoes
1 bunch finely chopped parsley
1 medium finely sliced onion
4 tomatoes on the vine (they’re the freshest)
1 1/2 lemons
8 cloves smashed garlic
salt to taste
1 tsp black pepper
4tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. After washing potatoes, allow them to boil in a pot until they are soft enough to poke a fork through
2. Drain the hot water and rinse the potatoes under cold water in a strainer
3. Cut the potatoes into medium fraction pieces and place them in a large salad bowl
4. Place the onions, tomatoes and parsley into the bowl
5. Mix the garlic, salt, black pepper, olive oil, and lemon into a small bowl to create the dressing
6. Pour the dressing over the salad mix and mix it WITH YOUR HANDS (after they’re washed of course). Your hands are the best mixing tools.
Serve chilled and enjoy!