I hope that those of you who are doing the beans and rice fast are staying strong! Quite honestly, it hasn’t been a difficult task as of yet. But then again, it’s only a few days in. And I hear that those who are experiencing withdraw are at the peak 5 days in.
Alright folks, here is another bean recipe! This one serves like 15 – 20 people, depending on how hefty the servings are…so soak, blend, and enjoy!
1 bag dried garbanzo beans
4 cloves garlic
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
juice from 1 large lemon
2 tbs Tahini (sesame seed paste) found in all middle eastern stores and international sections of the grocery store
3/4 cup water from the boiling beans
salt to taste
1. Soak beans for at least 8 -10 hours
2. Fill a large pot with water filled about 2 inches above the rinsed beans, bring to a boil and cook for at least 30 minutes on medium heat
3. Once beans are softer but still have a small bite, drain the boiling water and toss in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, use a hand food processor, and if you do not have that… then you did all this work for nothing. I’d say your best bet is to bring the beans back to a boil and cook for double the amount of time and then blend them with a mixer, or go out and buy the expensive/less delicious prepackaged stuff.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients into the processor and continue blending. Be sure to add the liquids at a slow pace
5. Serve drizzled with olive oil alongside pita chips or bread, and enjoy!