So here’s the challenge, I challenge you to do the same thing, no matter what your faith is. People who never have to wonder what will be their next meal are really at the top percentage of the world. If nothing else, it will help you to see just how much you have and might even move you to share it with others. Because when was the last time you forwent something so that someone else could benefit? I’m sure it has bean a while!
Here’s the first recipe to make this week a bit less bland. Let’s be real, I couldn’t bring myself to eat something so bland for an entire week without adding a couple of spices. And believe it or not, these recipes are certifiably fun, easy, and positively delicious!
Side note: I’m usually all about eating with your eyes first (presentation). Pictures this week will not be nearly as appealing as those in the past. Bare with me, and trust that these dishes are actually delicious.
Prep Time – 5 Cook Time – 30 minutes Serves – 13
Ingredients:1 bag 16 mix beans with ham flavor
1 onion, chopped, preferably vadalia
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp dried sage
4 cups chicken broth
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the beans overnight for 8 hours
2. Sautée olive oil, onion, garlic, sage, until onions are translucent on medium heat
3. Add the drained beans and stir while cooking for a few minutes
4. Add chicken broth and let cook until beans are tender (approx 30 minutes), stir frequently to make the stew thicker
5. Serve alone or over rice and enjoy!
BEAN A Petite!