Cinna-goes straight to your bun-pudding
I tasted something very similar to this today. It was bread pudding. If you’re like me, the consistency of the pudding was a bit much for me, so I tweaked it a bit! Try this on for size!
- 8 slices day-old bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.