One of my favorite seafood is crab legs, so you have to imagine my excitement when I had it for Christmas dinner. Let me tell you, I enjoyed cooking it as much as eating it! I know I know, crab legs can be pricey, which is why the key word here is Christmas…Merry Christmas to me! If you ever feel like splurging on your cuisine, this is a way to go! It’s easy, delicious, and healthy!
Rapini (Broccoli Raab)
–2 batches rapini
-10 cloves garlic
-5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut 1 inch off the end of the stems of the rapini to remove the toughness.
2. Wash the rapini in a strainer
3. Let it sit in the strainer to remove the water
4. Peel 10 cloves of garlic and slice them thinly
5. Sautee garlic with the olive oil on medium heat until lightly golden. Make sure to continuously stir so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
6. Place the rapini in the same pot as the garlic, and stir.
7. Cook the rapini for ten minutes on medium-high heat.
8. Stir the rapini occasionally to cook evenly
9. Place the rapini on a serving plate and serve either warm/cold
King Crab Legs
–Desired amount of pre-cooked king crab legs
-A single serving is usually 2-3 legs
-1.5 tbs butter
1. Fill 1/3 of a large pot with water
2. Boil water
3. Carefully place the crabs in the water so that it doesn’t splatter.
4. Cook the crab legs for 2.5 minutes
5. While they’re cooking, microwave the butter in a small bowl or cup
6. Lift crabs legs out of the water so the water drains out
7. Place the crab legs on a plate with melted butter and rapini