When I think of a snack, one of the first foods that come to mind is none other than…Cheese! There are so many ways you can create an easy and healthy snack that involves more than just a granola bar or cracker. This snack actually contains substance to get you through a busy day! Rumor has it, it’s even been used as a lunch!
This salad is another dish that I’ve grown up with. It takes 7-10 minutes to make and it’s absolutely delicious!
This particular recipe should serve about 6 people (with big appetites!)
-1 lb block of feta cheese
-1 medium tomato
-2 large green onions
-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the feta cheese into small equal blocks
2. Place the feta cheese in a container
3. Dice the tomato in equal small cubes by slicing it vertically and proceed to cut the slices horizontally
4. Place the tomatoes atop the feta cheese
5. Line up the green onions and remove the sprout ends
6. Dice the onions finely
7. Place the onions atop the feta cheese and tomatoes
8. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the combined ingredients
8. Stir the salad with a spoon so that the ingredients are distributed evenly
9. Serve with pita bread and enjoy!