If I haven’t mentioned it yet, I’m 16 weeks pregnant with my third child. I’ve never been pregnant in the summer, so this is a bit of an adjustment for me. If someone asked me what my pregnancy cravings are, I’d say potatoes, and soup. Soup? That’s strange. How can you crave soup? It’s so general and there are so many types you could eat! I’m not sure, but this is the second soup I’ve made today and it is far different from the first recipe. Don’t be too impressed, this soup doesn’t require a stove and literally consisted of me cutting up vegetables and tossing them into my food processor. Add some vinegar and olive oil, and voila–– a gourmet dish that will have you giving yourself a pat on the back all whilst being refreshed with this healthy, chilled goodness.
- blender or food processor
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes
- 3/4 long English cucumber peeled
- 1/2 red bell pepper cored and cubed
- 1/2 red onion cubed
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Heavy cream optional
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until it is smooth enough for your liking. I tend to not like any chunks in my gazpacho.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and some more black pepper.
- Eat with croutons or by itself for a light and refreshing side or meal.
- If the acidity is a bit much for you, feel free to add a drizzle of cream along with the olive oil to your bowl.