**A post from the past (2012)
If you’re anything like me, and you live in Cincinnati, you’ve had enough of summer. Tomorrow the weather is going to be 90 DEGREES!!! I’m not one to sit around and chit chat about the weather (I tend to think people should reach for something a bit more interesting and less apparent), but this is ridiculous!
On days like today, it’s difficult to pin point what I’m in the mood for. “Do I want a heavy meal that will saturate my heart with temporary bliss while leaving a residue of guilt?” I ask myself. Eh. “Do I want a fresh meal that will leave me feeling lighter than this muggy air?” Sure why not.
So here is a dish I made alongside my baked chicken. It took less than 10 minutes to make.
Enjoy and be happy that we no longer have to wear puffy coats and hats.
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil until it shimmers then cook onions on medium heat until caramelized
- toss in spinach and use tongs to mix in with the onions
- Add seasoning at the very end (if added too early, the salt will release all the water from the spinach and create a wilted mess)
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!