Butternut Squash and Root Vegetable Soup
A warm, smooth, and creamy soup perfect for a day when you're feeling healthy...or cold.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into large slices
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 15.5 oz can coconut milk I used Thai Kitchen
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions and coconut oil. Stir occasionally to avoid burning until they're soft and translucent.
Add the remaining ingredients except for the coconut milk. Stir, cover, and cook until sweet potatoes and butternut squash are tender (you can easily poke it with a fork)
Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to make the soup smooth and velvety.
Add coconut milk, salt, and pepper to taste